SCHOOL TO CAREER/CONNECTING ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR
Updated April 30, 2021
Overall Job Function:
The School to Career/Connecting Activities Coordinator (STC Coordinator) will assist targeted Franklin County/North Quabbin schools and employers to develop, enhance and sustain work-based learning opportunities for youth. She/he/they will work with schools to build capacity within their institutions and link the Connecting Activities program to the overall workforce development objectives of the region. She/he/they will also provide direct employment services to youth as needed. The STC Coordinator is the FHWB’s main point of contact for youth, youth employment activities, youth-serving organizations, and schools. The FHWB’s School to Career Program currently tracks over 500 youth on Work-Based Learning Plans.
- Work with existing contacts in targeted school districts (including Athol Regional, Mahar Regional and Pioneer Regional) to assist them in integrating School-to-Career Connecting Activities into their school-wide plans, support students with career development education, and facilitate ongoing career exploration and work readiness workshops.
- Work with businesses and schools to develop projects that support career development education and will lead to work-based learning opportunities.
- Work as part of a regional team (complemented by an STC Coordinator in Franklin County and Hampshire County schools, and a Youth Programs Coordinator at the FH Career Center)) providing employers and schools with the information and skills needed to carry-out work-based learning and career development activities.
- Prioritize service to MA Dept. of Ed. Innovation Pathway and Early College program as possible.
- Work with students, employers, and teachers to develop students’ work-based learning plans and performance evaluations.
- Collect data from schools and partners and maintain School-to-Career statewide database entries of student work-based learning placements and career development activities across the region.
- Maintain fhyouth.org and youth program entries on affiliated websites as needed.
- Prepare Connecting Activities Quarterly reports, gathering information from staff in the other region (Hampshire).
- In coordination with the FHWB-appointed Chair, develop agendas, and facilitate meetings of the FH Youth Career Connections Council.
- Field other youth-employment queries, requests, and activities as requested by the FHWB director.
BA/BS. (Experienced and well-recommended candidates at an Associates Degree level may also be considered.) Solid experience working with public school systems, youth, and business community. Experience/ knowledge of vocational counseling and career pathways preferred. Demonstrated communication/presentation skills; computer tech. skills, incl. spreadsheets and graphics; reliable transp. Bi-lingual/multi-cultural background a plus.
Salary: $24,960 per annum, 24 hours per week year-round, with healthcare benefits, sick-time, vacation, mileage reimbursement.
Duration: Projected start date: May 2021. Grant-funded through 6/30/22, but position has been reliably funded by MA Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education for over twenty years.
Application: Cover letter and resume to MassHire Franklin Hampshire Workforce Board, One Arch Place, Suite 2, Greenfield MA 01301 or firstname.lastname@example.org. preferably by 5/20/21. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The FHWB is an AA/EEO Organization